Have an account? Sign in first to see your personalized data in this guide.
1. Create VPN Connection
Click the connection icon in your notification area and click Open Network and Sharing Center.
Click Set up a new connection or network.
Click Connect to a workplace.
Click Use my Internet connection (VPN).
- In the Internet address field, enter the hostname or IP of the TowerVPN server you wish to use. See servers list
- For Destination name, enter a recognizable name. E.g. TowerVPN
- Tick Don't connect now; just set it up.
- Leave the rest as default and click Next.
Enter your credentials as described below:
Note: Your VPN password is not the same as your account password for security reasons.
If you forget this password, you can check it using the quick reference box at the top of this page.
Also tick Remember this password.
On this screen, click close. Do not click Connect now.
2. Configure Connection
Single click on the network icon in the notification area and right click on the connection you created in the previous section, then click Properties.
Click on the Security tab and in the selection list for Type of VPN, select L2TP /IPsec.
Now click on Advanced settings.
Select Use preshared key, and enter the following:
Login to see the server shared secret
Once done, click Ok and close all dialog boxes.
3. Connect & Disconnect
- Click on the network icon in the notification area and single click on the VPN connection you have created.
- Click Connect.
Click Connect on this screen again.
To disconnect, open the connections menu again and choose Disconnect for the TowerVPN connection.
If you encounter any issues, check over the settings or get support.
You can repeat this guide if you wish to add additional servers.